Duck, Sweet Potato & Vegetables - Adult Dry Dog Food - Pero
- Contains Duck sourced from the UK. Good source of potassium, phosphorus & Selenium
- Sweet potato- which is a great anti-oxidant and immune booster because of the vitamins A & C, also has B5 and B6.
- Added Omega 3 oils which help to supplement cognitive function, visual development & to help reduce the inflammation response
- Grain Free using Sweet Potato & vegetables instead of cereals
16% Oil & Fats
3.2 % Fibre
Vitamins: Vitamin A 24,500 IU, Vitamin D3 2,450 IU, Vitamin E 245 IU
Trace Elements: Zinc chelate of amino acid hydrate 333 mg, Zinc sulphate monohydrate 167 mg, Manganese sulphate monohydrate 78 mg , Cupric sulphate pentahydrate 40 mg, Calcium iodate 2.46 mg/kg, Selenised yeast (inactivated) 87 mg.
Antioxidants (a rich blend of mixed tocopherols and rosemary extract)
dehydrated duck (24%), fresh duck (18%), sweet potato (18%), potato (16%), chicken oil, peas, alfalfa, whole linseed, yeast extracts, salmon oil, seaweed meal, Pre biotic MOS, Pre biotic FOS, pumpkin, carrots, apples, glucosamine, yucca extract, chondroitin, marigold, rosemary, fennel, peppermint, spinach, thyme, marjoram, oregano, parsley, sage, fenugreek seeds, comfrey, rubbed mint, green tea and cranberry
Peas - good source of vitamin K1, folic acid and vitamin B6. Potato - good source of vitamin C, B6 and potassium good for immunity and very digestible, good as an alternative carbohydrate.
Whole linseed - also known as flax, omega-3 fatty acids and lignans containing antioxidant properties.
Salmon Oil - Good for heart, joints, cognitive function and vision. Also helps reduce inflammation response and known to limit risk of tumours (EPA and DHA).
FOS - (92mg/kg) Feeds and promotes good bacteria in the intestines, improves digestion and absorption of nutrients. Also increases a bitch's milk antibody count to promote better immunity for puppies.
MOS - (23mg/kg) Maintains healthy bacterial population in bowels to help prevent infectious diseases of gastro intestinal tract enhancing well being and energy levels.
Adult weight and grams per day
Please note, quality dog food means quality ingredients, therefore you may notice that not as much food is required as some other dog foods.
1-2 kg...............30-55 grams per day
2-3 kg...............55-70 grams per day
3-5 kg...............70-105 grams per day
5-10 kg.............105-180 grams per day
10-20kg............180-300 grams per day
20-30kg ..........300-400 grams per day
30-40kg ..........400-500 grams per day
40-50kg ...........500-600 grams per day
50+ kg .............600 + grams per day
These guidelines should be adapted to take into account breed, age, temperament and the activity level of the dog. Please ensure a bowl of fresh water is always available
Changing to a Different Dog Food, should be done Gradually
- Days 1-2: During the first couple of days of starting a new food, mix 75 percent old with 25 percent new food. You want to feed these two together, not separated. Examine the feeding guidelines on the new bag of food.
- Days 3-4: If you notice that your dog has loose stools or an upset stomach after the first two days, continue to feed less of the new stuff before increasing the percentage. In the case that they seem to be okay, change the percentage to 50 percent old and 50 percent new.
- Days 5-6: At this point, you can change the percentage to 25 percent old and 75 percent new. Always look for signs of an upset stomach so you can slow the transition if needed.
- Day 7: You can now start feeding your dog 100 percent of the new dog food.
If you have more than one dog, I highly suggest feeding them separately or watching the dogs finish their meal. If one finishes his food and there are leftovers, pick up the bowl and keep it out of reach of both dogs to ensure they are eating the correct food.
|Brand||Pero Dog Food|